5 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric makes food tasty, it has a robust nutritional profile, and when added to meals it offers a wide array of health benefits. However, turmeric`s use goes far beyond cooking, as this miraculous spice is packed with a wide plethora of nutrients and health benefits, improving pretty much everything when consumed on a regular basis.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory agent, which makes it effective in treating ulcerative colitis, Crohn`s disease, arthritis, and many more. Its anti-inflammatory effects have been shown to be as effective as drugs like Motrin, hydrocortisone and phenylbutazone.
Turmeric also contains potent antioxidant properties, which help neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are detrimental compounds which contribute to the damage that causes dementia, Parkinson`s, Alzheimer`s and even cancer. Of course, the list doesn’t end here! Check out turmeric`s most outstanding benefits below:
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Curcumin neutralizes free radicals and it also stimulates body`s antioxidant enzymes
- Curcumin boosts BDNF levels, a brain hormone that combats degenerative processes in the body by stimulating the growth of new neurons
- Curcumin positively affects a few factors known to take part in heart disease. It is powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent and it improves endothelium function
- Curcumin causes a few changes on molecular levels that help prevent and treat cancer
- Curcumin has been shown to improve the pathological process of Alzheimer`s
- It has been scientifically shown that curcumin helps treat symptoms of arthritis
- According to one study, turmeric was as effective as Prozac in relieving the symptoms of depression
- Ultimately, curcumin may help delay aging and combat age-related chronic diseases
5 Turmeric Beverage Recipes
Once you`ve been introduced to the key benefits of turmeric, here is a list of recipes for things that are not CURRY!
1. Golden Milk
- 2 cups of milk, preferably coconut or homemade nut milk
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp dried turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- Honey, to taste
Heat the milk of choice on the stove and add the spices when it starts steaming. Simmer for a few minutes, let it sit for ten minutes, and enjoy!
2. Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
Simply blend all the ingredients and have it as snack or for breakfast.
3. Turmeric Tea
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root
- 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of clove powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut milk ( optional)
- Raw honey (optional)
Boil the water, and add the ingredients once it reaches a boiling point. Simmer for a few minutes, strain, and add the coconut milk and honey to get the good fats.
4. Turmeric Water With Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a glass of water and drink quickly!
5. Turmeric Latte
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp freshly-grated turmeric root
- 1 tbsp of freshly-grated ginger root
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Raw honey
Heat the milk and add all the ingredients, except the honey. Bring to boil, lower the heat, and simmer for a few minutes. Let it sit for five minutes, strain, and add the honey!