She began applying tumeric around her eyes:what happend 10 minutes later is unbelievable!
Without doubt, turmeric is one of the healthiest spices in the world, that is, it has an abundance of health benefits and thus, it can aid the treatment of numerous health problems. It’s regularly consumed in Indian cuisine, whereas Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine have been using it for a long period of time.
Let’s take a look at some of the best benefits of this extraordinary spice:
- Prevents cancer-turmeric is known to neutralize free radicals and block enzymes associated with the growth of cancer. Add a tsp of turmeric to your meals in order to prevent cancer.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s-turmeric is known to better the functioning and health of the brain and it slows down the development of Alzheimer’s through the elimination of amyloid deposits in the brain.
- Controls diabetes-turmeric regulates the blood sugar levels and prevents insulin resistance. When combined with diabetes medications, it can reduce the blood sugar levels significantly.
- Betters the mood-turmeric is a natural way to improve the quality of sleep and to reduce depression and anxiety.
- Improves the health of the heart-turmeric has the power to decrease the high levels of bad cholesterol and to prevent buildup of plaque and blood clots. It’s also known to detoxify the arteries.
- Betters the health of the skin-turmeric can prevent skin pigmentation. Namely, mix half a tsp of lemon juice, a bit of gram flour, a tsp of tomato juice, and half a tsp of turmeric. Apply the paste around your eyes and leave it for 10 minutes. Then, rinse off the area with cold water. You can also mix turmeric powder and pineapple juice and apply it onto the dark circles around your eyes. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse the face.
- Prevents arthritis and acts as a natural painkiller– thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can alleviate the symptoms like stiffness and pain in the joints.
- It heals wounds-homemade turmeric paste speeds up the healing of cuts, bruises, and burns with its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory characteristics.
- Betters the digestion-turmeric encourages bile secretion and lowers bloating and gases. Also, it’s great in the treatment of bowel inflammation.
- Detoxifies the liver– it improves the blood circulation and cleanses the liver of toxins.
The following recipe with turmeric powder is an excellent homemade remedy which can treat diarrhea, bronchitis, viruses, headaches, colds, worms, bladder and kidney infections, and painful joints.
You will need:
A cup of milk
½ tsp of turmeric powder
¼ tsp of ground black pepper
A tsp of organic honey
½ tsp of coconut oil
Crushed cardamom pod
A cinnamon stick
Preparation: Heat the milk and then add the cinnamon and cardamom. Next, add the turmeric, coconut oil, honey, and black pepper and stir constantly. Wait for the mixture to steam, but make sure it doesn’t boil. Remove it from the stove and strain the content..