Tooth Pain Disappears in a Flash: This is the Best Natural Remedy for A Toothache
We all know that feeling. The feeling of being unable to eat, drink, breathe and sleep.In brief, the toothache oftentimes leaves us completely debilitated.
Usually, in a case of a toothache people turn to conventional painkillers, such as Orajel or Anbesol. However, these products contain anesthetic and benzocaine, both of which are linked to allergic reactions and other side effects.
Luckily, Mother Nature offers the solution once again. It has been scientifically proven that the clove oil has the ability to successfully relieve a toothache.
This oil is a well-known remedy and an effective toothache reliever. As a matter of fact, people have been using clove oil to treat oral pain for a long time now. When applied topically, clove oil effectively numbs the area. Consequently, the nerves endings are temporarily deadened which results in losing sensation in the affected area. According to a 2006 study published in the Journal of Dentistry, clove oil works similarly to benzocaine in treating tooth pain and chronic tooth pain.
Eugenol, its key component, makes this oil quite stimulating and able to improve blood circulation and benefit cardiovascular health.
Clove is one of the best sources of manganese, it promotes bone strength, it contributes enzymes, and it is vital for metabolism. In addition, it works as an extremely potent antioxidant which destroys free radicals and boosts the immune system.
How to Use Clove Oil to Relieve Toothache?
Mix two drops of clove oil with half a teaspoon of coconut oil. Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and place it in the mouth, against the sore tooth or gum. Spit out the cotton once the pain eases. Never practice this method in bed, as it may cause choking.
In addition, you can also use whole cloves. Put the couple of them nearby the affected area and let it work for a couple of minutes. Then, chew them with the painful tooth.
Additional Health Benefits of Clove Oil
- Due to its antiseptic properties, it treats wounds, cuts, scabies, athlete’s foot, fungal infections, and bruises
- It relieves relieves tooth ache, sore gums and mouth ulcers. It also prevents the formation of cavities and bad breath
- It treats acne when used topically
- It boosts the immune system
- It treats memory loss, depression, anxiety and other neural problems
- It relieves headaches
- It treats coughs, colds, bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, and other respiratory issues
- It improves digestion
- It improves blood circulation
- It helps keep blood sugar levels in check
- It is widely used in aromatherapy